Mary Ovenstone is on the coaching panel for Investec Bank and Asset Management, Old Mutual, The City of Cape Town, and The Office of the Premier of the Western Cape. She is a management coach for CoachMatching, Xponential, ICAS and Resolve Consulting.
- Management Coaching for Executives and Leaders: Ovenstone has coached leaders in several of South Africa’s top companies and government departments.
- Legal Professionals: She has considerable experience coaching senior associates or partners in law firms, judges, as well as corporate attorneys. She understands the highly stressful and competitive workplace, the self-containment pressures of the courtroom, and the lifestyle stresses of the billable hour (See also section Talks and Workshops, for Legal Professionals).
- Entrepreneurs: She coaches artists and other coaches to navigate their careers. She understands the calculated risks and effective self-presentation skills that challenge the self-employed.
- Career Coaching: She helps clients analyze their career development thus far and to make choices in alignment with their life purpose.
- Team Coaching: Ovenstone and her associates have participated in corporate and government interventions where they coached management teams and presented leadership development workshops.
- Skype Coaching: All coaching may take place in person or via Skype (see Skype Coaching)
Mary uses cutting edge brain-based coaching methods and EQ tools to coach and mentor business and government leaders, professionals and entrepreneurs.
She draws on her own 15 years of senior management experience in North America in corporate communications and television production, on her 10 years of business coaching experience, and on her research for her Master’s thesis into the neuroscience of coaching.
She specializes in providing leaders with a fertile thinking space in which to develop self-awareness, to consider ways to self-manage, to understand and communicate with others, and to strategize.
She assists clients to develop resilience and balanced lives, to navigate successful careers, to develop self-presentation skills, to handle stress and manage anger, as well as to optimize the cultural and gender diversity of the 21st Century workplace.
Mary comes alive in diverse and generative environments. Lawyers, educators and artists find as much resonance with her methods as do corporate executives and government leaders.